10 Ways to Prepare for Your Child’s First Haircut
May 3, 2012 | in Nannies
If your child is like most kids, he’s probably not going to be too keen on the idea of sitting still for a haircut, so you’ll need to make some preparations for that first haircut. We’ve collected some ideas that could come in handy to get you both ready to take the plunge. Here are ten ways to prepare for your child’s first haircut:
- Working up to the time when he gets his own haircut, your son could come along with Dad to watch him get his haircut. The ability to participate as a spectator, to a pleasant and painless experience will help ease the anxiety of getting his own haircut.
- Let your daughter sit in the stylist’s chair and pretend. Acclimating herself to the trappings of a real haircut will help her feel more at home when the big day arrives. Ideally, get her accustomed to the booster chair with a bib over her to maximize the realism.
- Practice at home with all the accoutrements of the real thing on hand: scissors, combs, spray bottle, etc. It’s a great opportunity to play pretend in a comfortable environment, while providing a dress rehearsal for her “opening night”.
- Talk with your child about what he’d like to do, or where he’d like to go to commemorate the special event. Focusing on what comes after the haircut will help take his mind off of the actual haircut, and get him into a more celebratory spirit.
- Schedule the haircut with someone who has experience working with toddlers. It will take patience and steady nerves on everyone’s part to make sure the experience is as pleasant as possible. Choose a kid-friendly location if that’s possible.
- Make sure she’s had a nap and been fed before heading out to the stylist. A well-rested and well-fed toddler is a lot more likely to hold still throughout the haircut, which would be a bad time for a cranky fit.
- Arrange to have some toys and treats handy, whatever comfort items you think will help keep your little one calm. We all like to cling to something familiar whenever we’re feeling anxious, so be sure you’ve got it handy when you arrive.
- Go through a book with your child to choose a cut you’ll both like. It’s good preparation and an excellent distraction from nerves. Get her excited about that beautiful new look she’ll soon have.
- Brush through your child’s hair before setting out to the appointment. The fewer tangles and less work that the hair-cutter will have to deal with, the less stress will be involved in getting the job done.
- If you’ve got an older child, you may want to schedule their haircuts together so that the younger can watch her older sibling get a haircut first. Point out how pampered she’ll be, just like big sis, when it’s her turn.
Comments are closed.
DIY & Sign up Online
We have partnered with eNannySource to help you search for the perfect nanny in your area in addition to our other services.
Enter your zipcode to get started:
- How to Calm Back to School Jitters
- What to Include in Your Nanny’s Annual Review
- 25 Blogs Featuring the Most Inspiring Parenting Stories
- Crazy Things Kids Say About Old People
- 21 Blogs with Insightful Tips for Helping Kids Through a Move
- Is Lying to Your Kids About the Tooth Fairy Wrong?
- 21 Blogs Making Fun Homemade Mixtures for the Kids to Get Their Hands Into
- 10 of the Most Hated Cartoon Characters by Moms of All Time
- How to Hide Electrical Wires from Computers, TVs and Small Appliances
- 30 Blogs with the Best Tips on Helping Your Child Prepare for Standardized Testing
National Nannies History
- Modele telefoane nokia cu tastatura
- Modele redwork gratuit
- Modele ongle nail art 2017
- Modele lettre demande de congé cif
- Modele itemi ghergut
- Modele facture auto entrepreneur gratuit excel
- Modele de zugraveli in 2 culori
- Modele de radiateur
- Modele de minnie
- Modele de lettre fermeture pel
- Modele de demande manuscrite pour participation a un concours
- Modele de contrat d`entretien chaudiere gaz
- Modele de bonnet
- Modele cantash te vogla
- Modèles emboités définition
- Modèle pour métier à tisser
- Modèle lettre de résiliation curves
- Modèle gratuit de contrat de prêt à un salarié
- Modèle de voiture opel
- Modèle de repertoire téléphonique