10 Reasons All Nanny Background Checks Aren’t Equal
January 10, 2012 | in Nannies
You’ve heard by now of the importance of background checks when searching for a nanny; but are you aware that not all of them are the same? Depending on what resources you use, your background check may not provide you all the information you need. The following is a list of 10 reasons all nanny background checks aren’t equal:
- The accuracy of information from one report to another can vary greatly. Inaccuracies must be corrected by request, which is not done in many cases.
- Some background checks are more in-depth than others. One may include previous addresses of the applicant that another does not. Incomplete address history will also mean incomplete info from the appropriate databases.
- Some reports contain information that is illegal to use for hiring purposes. Such reports can adversely affect a candidate’s ability to gain employment.
- Some sources will deliver outdated information, without attempting to verify or update the information. This can lead to important information being missed.
- Background checks are administered by a variety of individuals, from private investigators, to professional employee screening agencies. Who conducts the check has a lot to do with what sources of data are used.
- How a background check is used is also very dependent on who is conducting it. Some companies are more reputable and law-abiding than others, and will only use reliable sources, and focus on the information that is legally acceptable to use for hiring purposes.
- Background checks are available in different pricing tiers, which also differ in the sources that they use. Some provide no more data than an individual could collect on their own with a simple internet search.
- Background checks are usually tailored to the type of employment that the subject is applying for. Depending on the employer, there could be some differences in what information they require in the report.
- Some background checks even include searching social networking sites, where potential employers feel they can get a candid look at the applicant’s lifestyle, views and personality.
- State laws vary on what can and cannot be included in a background check for employment screening.
Comments are closed.
DIY & Sign up Online
We have partnered with eNannySource to help you search for the perfect nanny in your area in addition to our other services.
Enter your zipcode to get started:
- How to Calm Back to School Jitters
- What to Include in Your Nanny’s Annual Review
- 25 Blogs Featuring the Most Inspiring Parenting Stories
- Crazy Things Kids Say About Old People
- 21 Blogs with Insightful Tips for Helping Kids Through a Move
- Is Lying to Your Kids About the Tooth Fairy Wrong?
- 21 Blogs Making Fun Homemade Mixtures for the Kids to Get Their Hands Into
- 10 of the Most Hated Cartoon Characters by Moms of All Time
- How to Hide Electrical Wires from Computers, TVs and Small Appliances
- 30 Blogs with the Best Tips on Helping Your Child Prepare for Standardized Testing
National Nannies History
- Modele telefoane nokia cu tastatura
- Modele redwork gratuit
- Modele ongle nail art 2017
- Modele lettre demande de congé cif
- Modele itemi ghergut
- Modele facture auto entrepreneur gratuit excel
- Modele de zugraveli in 2 culori
- Modele de radiateur
- Modele de minnie
- Modele de lettre fermeture pel
- Modele de demande manuscrite pour participation a un concours
- Modele de contrat d`entretien chaudiere gaz
- Modele de bonnet
- Modele cantash te vogla
- Modèles emboités définition
- Modèle pour métier à tisser
- Modèle lettre de résiliation curves
- Modèle gratuit de contrat de prêt à un salarié
- Modèle de voiture opel
- Modèle de repertoire téléphonique