10 Ways People Typically Find a Nanny Agency
October 2, 2011 | in Nannies
In previous articles, we’ve discussed the advantages of using a reputable agency when hiring a nanny. In today’s column, we’re going to look at the various means for locating an agency. The following are 10 ways that people typically find a nanny agency:
- Online – Internet searches will produce a healthy number of options when looking for a good agency. Many agencies work nationally, while some work on a local level. You can check for the services they offer and, in many cases, customer reviews.
- Yellow Pages – Old school methods are still effective, so let your fingers do the walking to find nanny agencies serving your area.
- Parents Groups/ Organizations – Wherever parents meet, there’s apt to be information available about nanny services, with some recommendations from members. PTA meetings, play dates, Lamaze classes, scout meetings, children’s camp.
- Day Care Centers – You may be able to find ads or get referrals for nanny candidates from parents or employees at your local day care center. Some nannies may even work there part time.
- Co-workers – Working parents all face the same challenges. So chances are someone you work with will know where to look, and may even have some recommendations.
- Classified Ads – Some nanny agencies will advertise their services in newspaper classified ads. Look for a website in the ad, or call, to arrange for a consultation in person.
- Parenting Publications – Any ‘zine that centers on parenting will have feature articles on occasion as well as advertising for nanny agencies. Consider getting a subscription to a few if you haven’t already.
- Chamber of Commerce – Your local chamber of commerce is a great way to find reputable nanny agencies near you.
- Better Business Bureau – Another great option for not only finding an agency, but vetting it at the same time.
- Pediatrician – Your baby’s doctor’s office is another good place to get some leads. Nurses, patients and bulletin boards could produce some good info for you.
Comments are closed.
DIY & Sign up Online
We have partnered with eNannySource to help you search for the perfect nanny in your area in addition to our other services.
Enter your zipcode to get started:
- How to Calm Back to School Jitters
- What to Include in Your Nanny’s Annual Review
- 25 Blogs Featuring the Most Inspiring Parenting Stories
- Crazy Things Kids Say About Old People
- 21 Blogs with Insightful Tips for Helping Kids Through a Move
- Is Lying to Your Kids About the Tooth Fairy Wrong?
- 21 Blogs Making Fun Homemade Mixtures for the Kids to Get Their Hands Into
- 10 of the Most Hated Cartoon Characters by Moms of All Time
- How to Hide Electrical Wires from Computers, TVs and Small Appliances
- 30 Blogs with the Best Tips on Helping Your Child Prepare for Standardized Testing
National Nannies History
- Modele telefoane nokia cu tastatura
- Modele redwork gratuit
- Modele ongle nail art 2017
- Modele lettre demande de congé cif
- Modele itemi ghergut
- Modele facture auto entrepreneur gratuit excel
- Modele de zugraveli in 2 culori
- Modele de radiateur
- Modele de minnie
- Modele de lettre fermeture pel
- Modele de demande manuscrite pour participation a un concours
- Modele de contrat d`entretien chaudiere gaz
- Modele de bonnet
- Modele cantash te vogla
- Modèles emboités définition
- Modèle pour métier à tisser
- Modèle lettre de résiliation curves
- Modèle gratuit de contrat de prêt à un salarié
- Modèle de voiture opel
- Modèle de repertoire téléphonique