10 Diseases a Nanny Can Pass to a Family
November 22, 2011 | in Nannies
The health and welfare of your family is the reason you’ve decided to hire a nanny in the first place; so the last thing you need is to hire someone who exposes then to disease. There are all sorts of nasty viruses and germs out there nowadays, so you need to make sure your nanny’s health record is solid. The following are 10 diseases that a nanny can pass to a family:
- HIV/AIDS – Not to disparage your nanny’s virtue, but who knows these days? We’re talking about possibilities here, and this is one of them.
- Flu – Different strains crop up every year, and not everyone gets their shot. The efficacy of said shots can be hit and miss anyway, as they are formulated primarily based on speculation.
- E. coli – It’s generally transmitted through contact with human or animal feces or ingesting food that has been contaminated by it. So, let’s everyone wash our hands before leaving the john, OK?
- Lice – These little buggers make domestic life a real (b)itch, and can transmit things like trench fever and typhus.
- Chicken Pox – Highly contagious and unpleasant. Rashes, blotches, sores, blisters, the pits really. A good case of them can last up to 2 weeks.
- Measles – Another itchy virus, measles can cause fever, cough, runny nose diarrhea, ear infections, and one miserable houseful of kids.
- Strep Throat – Streptococcus bacteria can lead to blood infections, toxic shock syndrome, even necrotizing fasciitis – a flesh-eating disease, for the love of God.
- Tonsillitis – Sore throat, headache, fever and chills; loss of voice, red and swollen tonsils. Well, at least things would be a little quieter around the house for a week or two.
- Ringworm – A fungus that causes skin rash, round in appearance. Thrives in wet environment, like the shower or bathtub.
- Common Cold – So maybe it can’t turn your kids into lousy, flesh-rotted zombies, but it does bring its own brand of misery.
One Response to 10 Diseases a Nanny Can Pass to a Family
DIY & Sign up Online
We have partnered with eNannySource to help you search for the perfect nanny in your area in addition to our other services.
Enter your zipcode to get started:
- How to Calm Back to School Jitters
- What to Include in Your Nanny’s Annual Review
- 25 Blogs Featuring the Most Inspiring Parenting Stories
- Crazy Things Kids Say About Old People
- 21 Blogs with Insightful Tips for Helping Kids Through a Move
- Is Lying to Your Kids About the Tooth Fairy Wrong?
- 21 Blogs Making Fun Homemade Mixtures for the Kids to Get Their Hands Into
- 10 of the Most Hated Cartoon Characters by Moms of All Time
- How to Hide Electrical Wires from Computers, TVs and Small Appliances
- 30 Blogs with the Best Tips on Helping Your Child Prepare for Standardized Testing
National Nannies History
- Modele telefoane nokia cu tastatura
- Modele redwork gratuit
- Modele ongle nail art 2017
- Modele lettre demande de congé cif
- Modele itemi ghergut
- Modele facture auto entrepreneur gratuit excel
- Modele de zugraveli in 2 culori
- Modele de radiateur
- Modele de minnie
- Modele de lettre fermeture pel
- Modele de demande manuscrite pour participation a un concours
- Modele de contrat d`entretien chaudiere gaz
- Modele de bonnet
- Modele cantash te vogla
- Modèles emboités définition
- Modèle pour métier à tisser
- Modèle lettre de résiliation curves
- Modèle gratuit de contrat de prêt à un salarié
- Modèle de voiture opel
- Modèle de repertoire téléphonique