30 Blogs About Kids and Media
January 7, 2013 | in Nannies
Should you allow your child to watch the news or go on Facebook? At what point is it okay and healthy for your child to learn about current events? Could the media your kids watch be the cause of mass violence? When it comes to kids’ exposure to the media, these questions are all ones that need to be considered. In the following 30 blog entries, the bloggers go into some depth about studies and recommendations regarding the relationship between your kids and media exposure, and explore the possible pros and cons of your kids’ involvement with media.
Scientists play an active role in helping parents learn about how media affects kid’s health. If you are looking for answers of your own, review these five blog posts to see what their studies revealed.
- Recently Added Studies on Children, Media, and Health
- Resources: Talking and Teaching About the Shooting in Newtown, Conn.
- More Homegrown Content Needed for Canadian Kids: Study
- New Gentile Study on Media Violence and Kids Could Have Applications on School Bullying
- Study: Media Literacy Education Helps Protect Children from the Harmful Effects of Media Messages
How are kids using media these days? You might be surprised when you read a bit more about it. These five blog entries will shed some light on media use in kids.
- Teachers Say Media-Use is Harming Kids’ Performance
- 3 Tips to Schedule and Monitor Media Use for Your Kids
- Kids and Social Media: Cloud Resources to Consider
- Children’s Media Usage Skyrockets During Past Year [Study]
- Is Media Use Slowing Down Kids Intellectually?
What can parents do about how much time their kids spend using media? How much time is appropriate? These answers and more can be found on the following five blog posts.
- How to Negotiate Screen Time with Kids
- Setting Limits on Screen Time: Start Your Preschooler on a Healthy Track
- The Surefire Way to Limit Your Kids’ Screentime
- Setting Screen Time Limits for Kids, Age by Age
- 53 Ways to Beat Social Media Burnout
Here are five blog articles that have noted some benefits of kids using social media and blogging. If you have concerns, you might want to read through the benefits that have been laid out by these bloggers.
- The Benefits of Social Media
- Parents See Benefits to Kids in Social Media
- Family Grapples With Kids’ Tech Time
- New Report: Social Media and Kids: Some Benefits, Some Worries
- The Benefits of Blogging for Kids
These five blog posts provide some details about why social media may be bad for kids, and outline some of the reasons that their usage is considered risky behavior. Once you’ve read these you can weigh the good with the bad and make your own decisions about media use.
- Debate: Is Social Media Good or Bad For Our Kids? Interesting Facebook Stats
- Some Blame Our Culture for Teaching Kids to be Violent
- Could the Media be at Fault for Creating Mass Shooters? Popular Figure Says Yes
- A Reason to Monitor Your Kids Social Media Use and Promote National Anti-Bully Month
- Are Kids Growing Up Too Fast?
Social media, news stories and violent video games have all been tied to violent acts by kids. See what is being said about these events in these five blog entries. The more information you have the better choices about media use you can make.
- Social Media ‘Stoking’ NI Violence
- Misogyny, Violence Highlighted in Online Video Game, Social Media Threats
- Violence and Technology
- Hickenlooper: ‘Level of Violence in Media’ and ‘Video Games’ May Be Why Assault Weapons are Used in Mass Shootings
- Media Violence and Debating Effects & Influences
Comments are closed.
DIY & Sign up Online
We have partnered with eNannySource to help you search for the perfect nanny in your area in addition to our other services.
Enter your zipcode to get started:
- 24 Blog Extolling the Virtues of Drinking Tea for Your Health
- How to Know if Your Child is Ready for His First Overnight at Grandma’s
- 10 of the Best iPhone Apps for Budgeting for a Family Vacation
- A Dozen Common Parenting Myths and the Truths Behind Them
- What Nannies Need to Know about Kosher Kitchens
- 16 Blogs that Will Make You Laugh with Funny April Fools’ Day Pranks
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider a Flash Mob Marriage Proposal
- A Mom’s Guide to Balancing Work and Family
- 10 Famous Moms with Nannies
- How to Connect with Your Baby When Away on Business and Miss Him