10 Awesome Magic Spells from the Best Fairy Tales
January 10, 2013 | in Nannies
Who can resist the fantasy and wonderment of the classic fairy tales? These stories of medieval times are filled with the romance of a time long past where paupers become royalty and the world is filled with magic. No fairy tale would be complete without a witch, wizard or some mysterious character casting a spell to add the flair of mystery and excitement to the story. Wouldn’t it be great if these spells really worked? What would you do with these 10 awesome magic spells taken from the best fairy tales?
- Cinderella – Couldn’t we all use a fairy godmother like the one Cinderella had? She could turn a pumpkin into a carriage, mice into horses, and rags into riches, and who wouldn’t want that?
- Sleeping Beauty – This lucky princess had anywhere from three to seven fairy godmothers, depending on the version, to give her everything she needed. Even though Sleeping Beauty had an evil spell cast upon her, one fairy godmother was able to change it so that she slept for 100 years instead of dying. Wouldn’t it be awesome to be awakened from a deep sleep by the kiss of a handsome prince?
- Beauty and the Beast – In this classic fairy tale a magic spell is cast on a handsome prince that turns him into a hideous beast. Although that part of Beauty and the Beast doesn’t portray an ideal situation to be in, what’s really great is that it was the only way for him to find true love.
- Snow White – Actually, the only magic in the Snow White fairy tale is the wicked queen’s mirror, but even that is pretty cool. Having a magic mirror that is always telling you how great you look definitely has its perks.
- Jack and the Beanstalk – Maybe magic beans don’t seem that great to you, but if you like growing things, they’re fantastic! Imagine being able to just throw some seeds out a window and have them grow like crazy overnight like in Jack and the Beanstalk. That’s got the makings of a perfect garden.
- The Little Mermaid – In the Danish fairy tale The Little Mermaid, a sea witch gives Ariel a magic potion to give her legs, but takes away her voice. There are probably a few guys out there that would love to have access to a spell like that.
- Rumpelstiltskin – Who wouldn’t love having the ability to spin straw into gold like the imp named Rumpelstiltskin? With the price of gold right now and the value of the dollar plummeting, that would be a great characteristic to possess.
- The Frog Prince – Everyone knows the fairy tale about the evil witch who turned a handsome prince into a frog and cast a magic spell on him that could only be broken by the kiss of a princess. It’s probably a good bet that there are plenty of women who wish they could cast that spell on their ex-boyfriends.
- Pinocchio – A blue fairy brings a wooden puppet to life in the classic tale of Pinocchio. As part of the spell, he can’t become a real boy until he proves himself brave, truthful and unselfish. Wouldn’t it be fabulous to be able to make a wish upon a star like Gepetto?
- Peter Pan – Anyone can fly with just a little sprinkle of fairy dust from Tinker Bell and thinking happy thoughts in the story of Peter Pan. Having the freedom to soar through the air like a bird would be so much fun.
It sure would be great to be able to wave a magic wand to take all of our troubles away and live happily ever after like they did in the fairy tales. Unfortunately, fairy godmothers never seem to make an appearance and magic lamps with genies seem to be in short supply. However, these stories are filled with just as many evil witches and sorcerers that cause a bunch of trouble as they are good magic, and when you factor that in real life doesn’t seem quite so bad.← A Dozen Things to Talk About During a Nanny Interview | 30 Blogs that Help Parents Develop and Maintain a Family Routine →
One Response to 10 Awesome Magic Spells from the Best Fairy Tales
DIY & Sign up Online
We have partnered with eNannySource to help you search for the perfect nanny in your area in addition to our other services.
Enter your zipcode to get started:
- How to Calm Back to School Jitters
- What to Include in Your Nanny’s Annual Review
- 25 Blogs Featuring the Most Inspiring Parenting Stories
- Crazy Things Kids Say About Old People
- 21 Blogs with Insightful Tips for Helping Kids Through a Move
- Is Lying to Your Kids About the Tooth Fairy Wrong?
- 21 Blogs Making Fun Homemade Mixtures for the Kids to Get Their Hands Into
- 10 of the Most Hated Cartoon Characters by Moms of All Time
- How to Hide Electrical Wires from Computers, TVs and Small Appliances
- 30 Blogs with the Best Tips on Helping Your Child Prepare for Standardized Testing
National Nannies History
- Pillow Agreement Definition
- Retroactive Caregiver Agreement
- What Is Condition and Warranty in Contract Law
- Shared Ownership Contract Template
- How to Start Labour Contract Business
- Prenuptial Agreement in Bengali
- State of Nj Installment Agreement
- When Does an Agreement Become Unconditional
- Illinois Contract Law Impossibility of Performance
- Service Agreement Francais
- Group Contains a Subject and a Verb in Agreement
- Tenant Commercial Lease Agreement
- Indigo Card Agreement
- Home Improvement Contractors License Louisiana
- The Contracts Rights of Third Parties Act 1999 Shall Not Apply to This Agreement
- Taliban Agreement Text
- 6 Months or 12 Months Tenancy Agreement
- Property Management Agreements Should Include the following except
- Agent Contracting with Humana
- Nrcan Collective Agreement