10 Lessons Kids Can Learn from Sandy
As the scientist squirrel with a Texas twang, Sandy Cheeks is one of the most important characters in the SpongeBob SquarePants series. Though her relationship with SpongeBob is a bit complicated, there’s certainly no lack of affection between the two. For kids watching this genius inventor, there are tons of valuable lessons to be learned; here are ten of the things that kids can take away from half an hour in the company of Sandy and her pals.
- Be Proud of Your Roots – One of the things that defines Sandy as a character is her staunch pride in her Texas homeland. She’s visited every city in the Lonestar State, and will go to great lengths to defend it if necessary.
- It’s Important to Be Physically Active – As the emphasis on helping kids to become more physically active grows stronger, Sandy serves as a great example for staying fit. As an avid karate student and weightlifter, she certainly doesn’t lead a sedentary lifestyle.
- Friends Help One Another – When SpongeBob goes missing, Sandy launches an exhaustive search expedition, even sending searchers to dangerous places in order to rescue her lost friend. Though wandering into danger isn’t a good lesson for little ones, the message that we should all look out for our friends is.
- Don’t Overestimate Yourself – Though SpongeBob tries to warn her about the Alaskan Bull Worm, Sandy’s cockiness prevents her from taking his advice. This overconfidence later leads to her being proven wrong; kids can take away a valuable lesson about overestimating our abilities.
- Love Makes Us Do Crazy Things – Fans of the show all seem to agree that there’s more than a simple friendship between Sandy and SpongeBob. Proof of this comes in the form of Sandy’s willingness to sacrifice herself to a monster in order to save SpongeBob, teaching kids that love can make us do crazy things.
- Even Geniuses Make Mistakes – Despite being a genius who’s easily capable of inventing any thing she needs, Sandy has been known to make mistakes. Confusion surrounding the way that sea creatures breathe in an early episode can show kids that even the smartest people sometimes get stumped.
- Homesickness is Real Sickness – Sandy loves and misses her home in Texas so much that she once considered leaving Bikini Bottom to go back. Though she eventually decided to stay, the lesson that homesickness can affect your perspective is passed on to young viewers.
- Standing Up For the Things That You Love is Important – Though kids certainly shouldn’t emulate her tendency to defend her beloved Texas with physical violence, watching the good-natured Sandy defend something she loves is a great way for kids to learn that standing up for the things we care about is a good thing.
- Being Too Competitive Can Be Dangerous – In a bid to prove that land creatures are better than sea creatures borne out of Sandy’s extreme competitive streak, she almost finds herself in very real danger. Kids watching learn the difference between being competitive and too competitive, seeing her in action.
- Home is the One Place Where You Can Be Yourself – Under a polyurethane Treedome, Sandy is able to move about without her diving suit and helmet, proving that home is the one place where we can all let our hair down and be ourselves.
Besides cartoons be a simple entertainment avenue, we can also make use of the scenarios and characters as teaching tools for character lessons for our kids. It just takes a little thought on how to make the application.
DIY & Sign up Online
We have partnered with eNannySource to help you search for the perfect nanny in your area in addition to our other services.
Enter your zipcode to get started:
- How to Calm Back to School Jitters
- What to Include in Your Nanny’s Annual Review
- 25 Blogs Featuring the Most Inspiring Parenting Stories
- Crazy Things Kids Say About Old People
- 21 Blogs with Insightful Tips for Helping Kids Through a Move
- Is Lying to Your Kids About the Tooth Fairy Wrong?
- 21 Blogs Making Fun Homemade Mixtures for the Kids to Get Their Hands Into
- 10 of the Most Hated Cartoon Characters by Moms of All Time
- How to Hide Electrical Wires from Computers, TVs and Small Appliances
- 30 Blogs with the Best Tips on Helping Your Child Prepare for Standardized Testing
National Nannies History
- Modele telefoane nokia cu tastatura
- Modele redwork gratuit
- Modele ongle nail art 2017
- Modele lettre demande de congé cif
- Modele itemi ghergut
- Modele facture auto entrepreneur gratuit excel
- Modele de zugraveli in 2 culori
- Modele de radiateur
- Modele de minnie
- Modele de lettre fermeture pel
- Modele de demande manuscrite pour participation a un concours
- Modele de contrat d`entretien chaudiere gaz
- Modele de bonnet
- Modele cantash te vogla
- Modèles emboités définition
- Modèle pour métier à tisser
- Modèle lettre de résiliation curves
- Modèle gratuit de contrat de prêt à un salarié
- Modèle de voiture opel
- Modèle de repertoire téléphonique