10 Lessons Kids Can Learn from Rocky the Flying Squirrel
Rocky is the loyal sidekick of Bullwinkle J. Moose from the classic TV animated series The Rocky & Bullwinkle Show, also known as Rocky & His Friends for the first two seasons. Rocky was the brains of the duo, typically bailing out Bullwinkle from his bumbling plans. The plans often centered around combating their adversaries in the series, a KGB-type pair of spies named Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale. As Bullwinkle’s pal, Rocky demonstrated some valuable examples for faithful viewers. Here are 10 lessons that kids can learn from Rocket J. Squirrel:
- Real friends look past each other’s faults. Rocky knows that Bullwinkle is rather dim-witted, but his heart is in the right place, so Rocky sticks by his side. It isn’t always easy, what with all the zaniness that Bullwinkle brings with his constant scheming; but that’s what friends do.
- The importance of safety equipment. Rocky is an expert flier, but he never leaves the ground without his helmet and goggles. Indeed, he never goes anywhere without his helmet and goggles, but he’s a good example for using protective gear nonetheless.
- Loyalty is a priceless commodity. It takes a true companion to stand by a knucklehead like Bullwinkle year after year. Rocky does it with nary a complaint, and is constantly looking after his friend with little or no reward for his efforts.
- Problem-solving sometimes calls for quick thinking. Rocky has a real knack for coming up with solutions on the fly, when the duo gets in a jam. He often has to salvage some cockamamie scheme of Bullwinkle’s in order to save the day.
- Blessed are the humble in spirit. Rocky is the brains of the team, and gets top billing on the show; yet he doesn’t mind playing second fiddle to Bullwinkle. A lesser squirrel would point out how inept the moose is and demand a larger role. Not Rocky. He’s content to be the sidekick.
- It helps to be multi-talented. Flying squirrel with credentials from Cedar Yorpantz Flying School, crime-solver, circus hand and magician’s assistant. Rocky does it all, and that makes this squirrel way more valuable than a one-trick pony.
- Size isn’t important. Rocky is a diminutive squirrel, but he’s able to hold up his end of any challenge. He even manages to carry Bullwinkle most of the time too. He shows that a little guy can get big jobs done.
- You’ve got to run before you can fly. Even Rocky, a flying squirrel, had to complete flight school before taking to the air. He understood the need for formal training so he could fly safely and effectively to accomplish his missions.
- Staying dedicated to the mission. Let’s face it, most of us would be too distracted to get anything done, if we had the ability to fly. Rocket J. Squirrel doesn’t go in for flights of fancy, however. When the job calls for it, he stays planted firmly on the ground with his partner and friend, Bullwinkle.
- Using wits versus weapons. Rocky never has to use violence when fighting those no-goodniks, Boris and Natasha. He always chooses to out wit them instead. Kids learn to be resourceful, as well as the concept of non-violent conflict resolution.
DIY & Sign up Online
We have partnered with eNannySource to help you search for the perfect nanny in your area in addition to our other services.
Enter your zipcode to get started:
- How to Calm Back to School Jitters
- What to Include in Your Nanny’s Annual Review
- 25 Blogs Featuring the Most Inspiring Parenting Stories
- Crazy Things Kids Say About Old People
- 21 Blogs with Insightful Tips for Helping Kids Through a Move
- Is Lying to Your Kids About the Tooth Fairy Wrong?
- 21 Blogs Making Fun Homemade Mixtures for the Kids to Get Their Hands Into
- 10 of the Most Hated Cartoon Characters by Moms of All Time
- How to Hide Electrical Wires from Computers, TVs and Small Appliances
- 30 Blogs with the Best Tips on Helping Your Child Prepare for Standardized Testing
National Nannies History
- Pillow Agreement Definition
- Retroactive Caregiver Agreement
- What Is Condition and Warranty in Contract Law
- Shared Ownership Contract Template
- How to Start Labour Contract Business
- Prenuptial Agreement in Bengali
- State of Nj Installment Agreement
- When Does an Agreement Become Unconditional
- Illinois Contract Law Impossibility of Performance
- Service Agreement Francais
- Group Contains a Subject and a Verb in Agreement
- Tenant Commercial Lease Agreement
- Indigo Card Agreement
- Home Improvement Contractors License Louisiana
- The Contracts Rights of Third Parties Act 1999 Shall Not Apply to This Agreement
- Taliban Agreement Text
- 6 Months or 12 Months Tenancy Agreement
- Property Management Agreements Should Include the following except
- Agent Contracting with Humana
- Nrcan Collective Agreement