10 Lessons Kids can Learn from Pluto
Pluto, Mickey Mouse’s pet dog is usually a speechless character, yet his facial expressions are worth a thousand words. Even though Pluto doesn’t actually speak, there are many things he can teach children. These are just a few of the lessons to be learned.
- Companionship is important – Pluto is almost always with Mickey. He is a standard character on Mickey’s Clubhouse and often helps Mickey with problem solving. Kids can learn that having a companion means you don’t have to be lonely.
- Be a helper – Pluto is an excellent helper. When something goes missing, Pluto is always willing to help find it. He also helps Mickey and friends in other ways.
- A friend in need is a friend indeed – When friends are in trouble, Pluto is ready to go into action and lend assistance. In Mickey’s Clubhouse episodes, often there is some problem that needs to be solved. Pluto is right there with everyone else willing to aid in working out the difficulty.
- Think creatively – Pluto comes up with some pretty decent ideas for a dog. In one episode of Mickey’s Clubhouse, Mickey and Pluto need to get past a giant snowman in order to reach their friends on the other side. Pluto comes up with the idea to dig through the snowman, and by doing that, they are able to reach Donald and Goofy. Instilling creative thinking in kids will always be to their benefit.
- Stay active – Many cartoon dog characters have a tendency to sleep a lot or be sedentary. Pluto always seems to be doing something active. He doesn’t seem to sit around a lot; neither should children if they want to stay healthy.
- Be kind to others – In some of the short films, Pluto is around a cat. Most dog characters usually chase the cats or are mean to them. Pluto, on the other hand, has been known to be remarkably tolerant and even nice to them, up to a point. After all, he is a dog. Still, pointing out his kind behavior toward kitties illustrates the significance of being courteous to people who are different from you.
- Try to be patient – In the short film “Purple Pluto,” Minnie Mouse inadvertently dyes Pluto purple. At first he is understandably upset with her and chases her through the house. When she calms him down and tries to get him back to his normal color, he patiently goes through numerous color changes. This little episode illustrates how we can get upset when things don’t go the way we think they should, but if we are patient, the situation can still work out to our benefit.
- Cooperation is an asset – When Mickey has a project to do or a problem to solve, Pluto cooperates with his owner to get the job completed. Learning to work with others in a cooperative manner is a virtue that kids should adopt.
- Be content with what you have – Pluto is content with his circumstances in life. He is not always off looking for something more than what he has already. This is not to say that one should not aspire to more, but it is worthwhile to learn to be content in any circumstance.
- Take good care of your pets – Mickey Mouse takes real good care of Pluto. You can tell by Pluto’s loyalty to Mickey and his readiness to help that he is devoted to his master. Pets deserve to be cared for properly with love and affection.
These are just a few of the lessons we can learn from Pluto. Chances are, if you teach your children how to find the deeper meaning in the shows they watch, they will come up with some valuable lessons of their own.
DIY & Sign up Online
We have partnered with eNannySource to help you search for the perfect nanny in your area in addition to our other services.
Enter your zipcode to get started:
- How to Calm Back to School Jitters
- What to Include in Your Nanny’s Annual Review
- 25 Blogs Featuring the Most Inspiring Parenting Stories
- Crazy Things Kids Say About Old People
- 21 Blogs with Insightful Tips for Helping Kids Through a Move
- Is Lying to Your Kids About the Tooth Fairy Wrong?
- 21 Blogs Making Fun Homemade Mixtures for the Kids to Get Their Hands Into
- 10 of the Most Hated Cartoon Characters by Moms of All Time
- How to Hide Electrical Wires from Computers, TVs and Small Appliances
- 30 Blogs with the Best Tips on Helping Your Child Prepare for Standardized Testing
National Nannies History
- Modele de bonnet
- Modele cantash te vogla
- Modèles emboités définition
- Modèle pour métier à tisser
- Modèle lettre de résiliation curves
- Modèle gratuit de contrat de prêt à un salarié
- Modèle de voiture opel
- Modèle de repertoire téléphonique
- Modèle de plan de villa
- Modèle de lettre pour se retirer d`un bail
- Modèle de lettre de motivation dans la fonction publique
- Modèle de décharge pour lettre remise en main propre
- Modèle de bazin pour homme 2018
- Modèle d`acceptation de stage
- Modèle cahier spécial des charges
- Exemple de conflit travail
- Rédiger une synthèse de documents exemple
- Exemple règlement intérieur cse
- Exemple lettre de motivation job été maison de retraite
- Exemple design permaculture