10 Lessons Kids can Learn from Pebbles
Pebbles is the daughter of Fred and Wilma Flintstone and unlike most cartoon characters that don’t age, she grows up as time goes on. There are several lessons that can be learned from Pebbles and some of them are listed below.
- Cultivate lifetime friendships – Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm are life long friends. They have been together since childhood. Keeping in touch with close friends throughout the years provides for a certain continuity in life.
- Be happy – Pebbles is a happy baby and later in life she grows to be a happy young lady. It has been said that happiness is a choice and indeed to a great extent it is. Teaching kids how to find happiness in the simple things is a gift that will serve them well throughout their lives.
- Develop your natural talents – Pebbles loves baseball and plays the game very well. When kids figure out what their particular talents are, those talents should be nurtured. As they develop in their natural skills they will gain confidence.
- Try to stay out of trouble – Like her father, Fred, Pebbles has a special talent for cooking up schemes that often lead to misadventures. These misadventures often lead to problems for her and Bamm-Bamm. Some kids have a knack for getting into trouble. Helping such kids focus on more positive uses of their abilities can help them stay out of trouble.
- Focus on your goals – As a teenager, Pebbles knows how to focus on her goals, and she keeps going until the goal is obtained. She has misadventures in the process, but the point is that she stays single-minded until she gains her objective.
- Perseverance pays off – In one episode, Pebbles is determined to get a rock band to play at her friend’s party. She doesn’t know anyone in the band and she has to go though all sorts of trials in order to get to the band’s leader to ask if they will play at the party. Despite several failed attempts, Pebbles continues to find ways to meet the band leader, and finally, she is successful. Perseverance is critical in achieving your dreams.
- Admit when you are wrong – Pebbles gets herself in difficult situations because of some of the choices she makes. She often gets deeper into trouble by not admitting that she is wrong. It’s wise to acknowledge when you’ve made a mistake instead of digging yourself deeper into a hole.
- Don’t allow other people to dictate your actions – Sometimes Pebbles does things out of wanting to prove something to someone else, and those situations usually get her in a ton of trouble. Rather than letting someone else get you to do things you shouldn’t do, be smart enough to be self-disciplined, and say no.
- Think creatively – Even though Pebbles’ ideas get her into difficulties sometimes, she does come up with some pretty creative solutions to her problems. Learning to think creatively is a valuable skill to develop.
- Don’t lead others astray – Pebbles has the loyalty of her friends, and sometimes she misuses that loyalty for her own benefit. A truly good friend doesn’t take advantage of friends and certainly respects their loyalty. Just remember to treat your friends they way you want them to treat you.
Kids can learn as much from Pebbles’ foibles as they can from the good she does. Learning how to look at both the good and the not so good and draw conclusions that help you in your own life is a skill that can aid in building a kid’s character.
DIY & Sign up Online
We have partnered with eNannySource to help you search for the perfect nanny in your area in addition to our other services.
Enter your zipcode to get started:
- How to Calm Back to School Jitters
- What to Include in Your Nanny’s Annual Review
- 25 Blogs Featuring the Most Inspiring Parenting Stories
- Crazy Things Kids Say About Old People
- 21 Blogs with Insightful Tips for Helping Kids Through a Move
- Is Lying to Your Kids About the Tooth Fairy Wrong?
- 21 Blogs Making Fun Homemade Mixtures for the Kids to Get Their Hands Into
- 10 of the Most Hated Cartoon Characters by Moms of All Time
- How to Hide Electrical Wires from Computers, TVs and Small Appliances
- 30 Blogs with the Best Tips on Helping Your Child Prepare for Standardized Testing