10 Lessons Kids can Learn from Daisy Duck
Daisy Duck is one of Disney’s lesser known characters when compared to Donald or Minnie. Only in recent years has she become more popular, and she is often seen on Mickey’s Club House. Even though we don’t get to see Daisy that often, there are some lessons we can learn from her. Here are a few.
- Loyalty – Daisy is devoted to Donald Duck, and as his special friend, she remains loyal to him no matter what happens. Even if she gets angry with him, eventually, they make up. Then she is right by his side again.
- Responsibility – Daisy is the aunt of Huey, Dewey and Louie and she takes care of them from time to time. They can be quite a handful, but Daisy never shirks her duty as a caring auntie.
- Patience – For the most part Daisy displays patience, especially when Donald has one of his fits.
- Accept help from others – On an episode of Mickey’s Clubhouse, Daisy is trying to earn her “Pretend Doctor Sticker.” She gets stumped on some of the things she must do to earn her sticker, so she turns to Mickey for help. Little kids need to learn that it’s okay to accept help from others. They love doing things on their own, and that’s part of growing up, but accepting assistance from others when you need it is a smart thing to do.
- Be observant – In one show, Daisy is skiing down a mountain when she comes across Mickey and Pluto who are trying to find Goofy and Donald. They ask her if she’s seen any snow figures which are the clues to finding their friends. Fortunately Daisy was observant and saw the snow sculptures and pointed Mickey in the right direction. Pay attention to your surroundings. You never know when it may prove useful.
- Control your temper – Daisy Duck can lose her temper at times, but she is much better at controlling it then her friend Donald. Learning to control your temper can keep you out of trouble.
- Be willing to help others – At the Clubhouse, Daisy is always willing to lend a hand to her friends if they need assistance. With so many shows glorifying competition and the lack of cooperation, it’s refreshing to be able to point out when someone is being supportive. This is a valuable trait to develop.
- Don’t take advantage of friendship – In the short film “Daisy’s Big Sale,” Daisy takes advantage of her friendship with Minnie Mouse. Throughout the film, Daisy is bossy and insensitive to Minnie. Even though Minnie sticks by her friend to the end, Daisy pushes the bounds of the friendship. Teaching kids to appreciate their friend’s feelings and not take friendship for granted could make for more meaningful companionships down the road.
- Wait until you’re invited – It’s natural for kids to want to spend lots of time with their friends. However, kids need to learn that it’s impolite to invite yourself along rather than waiting to be invited. This point is wildly illustrated in the short film “Daisy’s Road Trip.” Kids watching this short will undoubtedly get the lesson.
- Don’t be jealous – In one movie, Daisy gets terribly jealous of Donald and her behavior gets way out of hand. Teaching kids how to handle their feelings and not let jealousy rule their actions is a lesson that can aid in keeping future relationships healthy.
Daisy does have a lot of lessons to teach; some lessons come through positive messages and others come through behaviors that one should not emulate. To make TV time even more educational for your kids, watch the shows with them and share the messages you find.
DIY & Sign up Online
We have partnered with eNannySource to help you search for the perfect nanny in your area in addition to our other services.
Enter your zipcode to get started:
- How to Calm Back to School Jitters
- What to Include in Your Nanny’s Annual Review
- 25 Blogs Featuring the Most Inspiring Parenting Stories
- Crazy Things Kids Say About Old People
- 21 Blogs with Insightful Tips for Helping Kids Through a Move
- Is Lying to Your Kids About the Tooth Fairy Wrong?
- 21 Blogs Making Fun Homemade Mixtures for the Kids to Get Their Hands Into
- 10 of the Most Hated Cartoon Characters by Moms of All Time
- How to Hide Electrical Wires from Computers, TVs and Small Appliances
- 30 Blogs with the Best Tips on Helping Your Child Prepare for Standardized Testing
National Nannies History
- Modele telefoane nokia cu tastatura
- Modele redwork gratuit
- Modele ongle nail art 2017
- Modele lettre demande de congé cif
- Modele itemi ghergut
- Modele facture auto entrepreneur gratuit excel
- Modele de zugraveli in 2 culori
- Modele de radiateur
- Modele de minnie
- Modele de lettre fermeture pel
- Modele de demande manuscrite pour participation a un concours
- Modele de contrat d`entretien chaudiere gaz
- Modele de bonnet
- Modele cantash te vogla
- Modèles emboités définition
- Modèle pour métier à tisser
- Modèle lettre de résiliation curves
- Modèle gratuit de contrat de prêt à un salarié
- Modèle de voiture opel
- Modèle de repertoire téléphonique