10 Lessons Kids Can Learn from Bucky
Bucky is one of the characters from the animated TV series Fat Albert & the Cosby Kids. He gets his name from his very prominent overbite. As a member of the junkyard band, Bucky plays a stovepipe organ. Bucky didn’t say much in the series, but from what we know about him, we can see 10 lessons that kids can learn from Bucky:
- Silence is Golden As the saying goes: We’ve each got one mouth and two ears; so we should be listening twice as much as we talk. Bucky is undoubtedly one of the wisest in the gang because of this habit.
- Orthodontists can do wonders with your teeth. It may be that Bucky’s family simply can’t afford the dental work. Lord knows fewer and fewer health plans are providing adequate coverage for such elective surgery. Which reminds us …
- Affordable health care is essential to our nation’s future. Too many people like Bucky are walking around,unable or unwilling to speak, through no fault of their own. We say it’s time for all Americans to “Buck” up.
- A Cartoon Character Union is needed. Animated characters should be given at least a minimum of lines in each episode if they are going to be listed as main characters. Kids need to get a more balanced view of the group dynamics.
- Bucky is more than likely one heck of an organ player. It stands to reason that his musical prowess must be the compensatory factor in his otherwise complete lack of input to the group. Kids can draw a lesson here on how to communicate through their artistic gifts and talents.
- Stovepipe organs can’t be simple instruments to build. In fact, the closest we could come to finding a real-life one is here, which looks like a pretty imposing project all its own. But a pipe organ, like this one, made from a bunch of these? Well, all we can say is, hats off to Bucky.
- They are also probably quite loud. This could be another means of offsetting his relative quiet demeanor when not laying the stove pipe smack down with the boys. We’re of course just speculating.
- Keeping one’s cool in that crowd is another herculean feat. It must take the patience of Job not to just up and scream “shut yer cake hole!” to some of these guys on a daily basis, Rudy especially. How Bucky manages to stifle ranks with the 7 natural wonders.
- Chewing tobacco is bad for you, boys and girls. We have no idea whether Bucky has ever so much as contemplated chewing. It’s just been our observation that a high percentage of persons who do, tend to have substantial under-bites. So we offer this caveat just in case Bucky is considering Skoal as a substitute for that orthodontic work his folks can’t afford.
- As clothing goes, however, Bucky is really quite conventional. No mushroom-shaped pink ski masks, mismatched socks or oversized clothing. Bucky by comparison is practically an Old Navy ad in the ‘hood. Come to think of it, maybe it’s good that he keeps his trap shut.
DIY & Sign up Online
We have partnered with eNannySource to help you search for the perfect nanny in your area in addition to our other services.
Enter your zipcode to get started:
- How to Calm Back to School Jitters
- What to Include in Your Nanny’s Annual Review
- 25 Blogs Featuring the Most Inspiring Parenting Stories
- Crazy Things Kids Say About Old People
- 21 Blogs with Insightful Tips for Helping Kids Through a Move
- Is Lying to Your Kids About the Tooth Fairy Wrong?
- 21 Blogs Making Fun Homemade Mixtures for the Kids to Get Their Hands Into
- 10 of the Most Hated Cartoon Characters by Moms of All Time
- How to Hide Electrical Wires from Computers, TVs and Small Appliances
- 30 Blogs with the Best Tips on Helping Your Child Prepare for Standardized Testing
National Nannies History
- Pillow Agreement Definition
- Retroactive Caregiver Agreement
- What Is Condition and Warranty in Contract Law
- Shared Ownership Contract Template
- How to Start Labour Contract Business
- Prenuptial Agreement in Bengali
- State of Nj Installment Agreement
- When Does an Agreement Become Unconditional
- Illinois Contract Law Impossibility of Performance
- Service Agreement Francais
- Group Contains a Subject and a Verb in Agreement
- Tenant Commercial Lease Agreement
- Indigo Card Agreement
- Home Improvement Contractors License Louisiana
- The Contracts Rights of Third Parties Act 1999 Shall Not Apply to This Agreement
- Taliban Agreement Text
- 6 Months or 12 Months Tenancy Agreement
- Property Management Agreements Should Include the following except
- Agent Contracting with Humana
- Nrcan Collective Agreement