10 Lessons Kids can Learn from Betty Rubble
Betty Rubble is Barney Rubble’s brunette wife and Wilma Flintstone’s closest friend. The Rubbles are the Fred and Ethel, to the Flintstone’s , Ricky and Lucy. You’ll find them in most every episode. Though Betty may be considered a supporting character, she still has much to teach kids in her role on the Flintones.
- Be a faithful friend – Betty is faithful to her friend, Wilma. The two buddies do a lot together, including trying to keep their husbands, Barney and Fred, out of trouble. When trouble does arise, they work together to teach their husbands lessons about the consequences of their actions.
- You can do a lot with a little – Considering Betty is a housewife in the Stone Age, she manages to keep herself looking good. She always has her makeup done just right, her hair always looks good and her clothes always appear neat. The lesson is, learn to do what you can with what you have to work with.
- Be ready to forgive – Barney and Fred have a habit of getting in trouble on a regular basis. Betty is constantly dealing with her wayward husband, but she is always forgiving of his shortcomings. Learning to forgive others is a valuable lesson for everyone.
- Be patient – Betty is very patient with Barney and his mischievous escapades, and when Bamm-Bamm comes along, she is patient with him as well. Patience is a virtue and a character trait that helps define future success.
- Cherish those you love – There are several episodes of the Flintstones where it can clearly be seen that Betty cherishes her family. There is a very unique, loving relationship between Betty and Barney and Bamm-Bamm. It takes work to create a home environment where everyone feels special and cherished. Everyone has a role to play in making that happen.
- It’s good to know self defense – In one episode of the Flintstones, Wilma and Betty take Judo lessons and end up defending themselves against a prowler. Learning self-defense can help a kid feel more secure and self assured. With all the bullying that is going on in schools these days, self defense for target children is almost a necessity.
- Do your chores – Betty has to clean up after her family, as most moms do, and she would certainly appreciate some help from Barney and Bamm-Bamm. Kids who help around the house with regular chores learn responsibility. Whether or not they know it, a certain amount of self esteem is built as they learn about doing their share in keeping the home running smoothly.
- A mother’s love is a mother’s love – It is not obvious that Bamm-Bamm is adopted. Betty couldn’t love him any more than she already does, even if he were her own biological baby. It’s a good message for adoptive kids to hear. Mothers love their children no matter what the circumstances of their birth, and it’s especially crucial for adopted kids to understand that.
- Be slow to anger – One would expect Betty to be upset with Barney for all the trouble he seems to get into constantly. Yet, she usually gives him the benefit of the doubt, and she is slow to get angry. Learning to control your temper, especially under stressful circumstances, is a skill worth developing.
- Keep a good attitude – Betty has a smile on her face most of the time, and she seems to generally have a good attitude about things. Cultivating a good attitude in kids will help them with future success. Research reveals that people who have a positive attitude tend to be more successful in life than those who are more pessimistic.
Finding the lessons in cartoons and sharing them with your kids teaches your kids how to go deeper and look for meaning in the shows they watch. When you challenge them to find positive messages, you are helping them develop valuable critical and creative thinking skills.
DIY & Sign up Online
We have partnered with eNannySource to help you search for the perfect nanny in your area in addition to our other services.
Enter your zipcode to get started:
- How to Calm Back to School Jitters
- What to Include in Your Nanny’s Annual Review
- 25 Blogs Featuring the Most Inspiring Parenting Stories
- Crazy Things Kids Say About Old People
- 21 Blogs with Insightful Tips for Helping Kids Through a Move
- Is Lying to Your Kids About the Tooth Fairy Wrong?
- 21 Blogs Making Fun Homemade Mixtures for the Kids to Get Their Hands Into
- 10 of the Most Hated Cartoon Characters by Moms of All Time
- How to Hide Electrical Wires from Computers, TVs and Small Appliances
- 30 Blogs with the Best Tips on Helping Your Child Prepare for Standardized Testing
National Nannies History
- Modele telefoane nokia cu tastatura
- Modele redwork gratuit
- Modele ongle nail art 2017
- Modele lettre demande de congé cif
- Modele itemi ghergut
- Modele facture auto entrepreneur gratuit excel
- Modele de zugraveli in 2 culori
- Modele de radiateur
- Modele de minnie
- Modele de lettre fermeture pel
- Modele de demande manuscrite pour participation a un concours
- Modele de contrat d`entretien chaudiere gaz
- Modele de bonnet
- Modele cantash te vogla
- Modèles emboités définition
- Modèle pour métier à tisser
- Modèle lettre de résiliation curves
- Modèle gratuit de contrat de prêt à un salarié
- Modèle de voiture opel
- Modèle de repertoire téléphonique